Sunday, May 29, 2011

Isn't that a lot of money??

Another really common questions that goes a long with the Paleo lifestyle has to do with the cost. Isn't it expensive to eat Paleo? Well, yes and no. 


Yes, it is more expensive than some other options. If you use coupons to purchase cart fulls of processed, pre-packaged crap filled with chemicals, then yes Paleo is going to be expensive to you. There are popular television shows out now that show people purchasing hundred and hundreds of dollars worth of 'food' for just cents. Is that frugal to me? NO! I would not choose to put those chemicals in my family if you paid me. You are purchasing no nutritional value, so no it is not frugal, it is a waste of time, money (even if very little), the environment and worst of all, is destroying people's bodies!

The other side of the coin, is Paleo expensive? It does not have to be. What do I mean by this? Well, there are ways to cut grocery costs without filling your family with garbage. One of my goals with this blog is to highlight some of the cost cutting measures I use to feed my family nutritionally sound foods without spending thousands a month. I will be highlighting a series of simple cost cutting measures that can be employed by anyone to help cut the sting at the check-out counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment