Tuesday, June 28, 2011

More Travel Snacking- Maple Granola Bars

I've been making more 'treats' the last couple days than I normally would. I would much rather be eating more Paleo treats during our vacation than forced to eat non-Paleo garbage, if you know what I mean. So here is a 'granola-bar' I came up with today that will be sure to hit the spot along my 14-hour car ride with 2 children, 3 and under (AHHHHH)!
These would be great after-school type snacks for the kids, or in school lunches. They turned out really yummy!


Maple Granola Bars
1 C Coconut Flakes
1 C Dried Cranberries
1 C Slivered Almonds
1/2 C Coconut Flour
1/2 C Almond Flour
1/2 C Melted Coconut Oil
1/4 C Arrowroot Flour
1/4 C Maple Syrup
3 eggs
1 tbsp Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Place mixture into a 9X6 (or similar sized) baking dish greased with coconut oil. Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the pan (which will determine how thick the bars will be).

No comments:

Post a Comment