Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Think outside the egg carton

I remember very distinctly, when I was first starting out on Paleo, being slightly stumped on breakfast. Yeah, I get the whole eggs n' bacon thing, and I love them. That being said, aside from my husband, I don't know many people who can eat the same thing every single day.

And then, I read something by Sarah Fragoso at Everyday Paleo about not categorizing our meals as breakfast, lunch and dinner, but instead as just 3 meals. While I don't think I will be eating chili or ribs for breakfast anytime soon, this has really resonated with me. What a great way to change things up, and save some money. Instead of always having (what can be very) expensive breakfast meats everyday, I can throw in an extra chicken breast, or larger roast, or whatever for dinner the night before and have it for breakfast in the morning.

This idea has grown into one of my favorite breakfast meals, and there really isn't much classically breakfast about it.  It may not be all that pretty, but is sure is delish!

Mexi-Anytime Combo
1/2 zucchini
1 cooked chicken breast
onion
cumin
chili powder
sea salt
olive or coconut oil

Slice zucchini into disks and fry in oil over medium high heat.

Chop chicken breast and add once zucchini has browned.
Add in seasonings and serve with 1/2 an avocado dressed with sea salt and lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment