Friday, July 22, 2011

Pesto Grilled Zucchini

A good friend of mine has a zucchini plant that has really gone wild in her garden. Luckily, I am getting some of the fruits of her labor, in the form of HUGE zucchini. What do I mean when I say HUGE??? This is what I mean!!

Yeah, so needless to say we had zucchini for dinner tonight... as we will for the next several nights. This is a recipe that was nice and quick on the grill that was a great compliment to a nice steak.


Pesto Grilled Zucchini
1 large Zucchini (or 1/2 of a monster, as in my case)
5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove garlic- crushed
2 tsp dry sweet basil
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice

In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil and salt.

Cut zucchini on the larger slice setting of a mandolin.
Using a cooking brush, brush zucchini slices on both sides with the oil mixture. Place on a medium high grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until desired tenderness.
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment