Monday, August 1, 2011

Zucchini and Yellow Squash Pasta

I got the idea for this from Adventures In Primal Parenting's facebook page this morning. She had a similar zucchini recipe that she had last night, and I knew I had to try it out. I decided to throw in yellow squash as well for some nutritional diversity (I am guilty of feeding my family zucchini at least once, if not twice, everyday during the summer, I just love it), and it turned out awesome! Colton asked for seconds and ate both servings in entirety. This is a winner!


Zucchini and Yellow Squash Pasta
1 Zucchini (or half a big one)
1 Yellow Squash

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pepperoni (or you can do bacon if you prefer)
Italian Seasoning
Onion Powder
Salt



Using a mandolin, cut up zucchini and squash into spaghetti noodle shape.
 In a saute pan, heat olive oil and add in noodles and season to taste.
It will only take a minute to fry them up.
Add in pepperoni and heat through. Top with fresh Parmesan if you do dairy and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment