Thursday, September 8, 2011

Simple Summer Squash

If I were to have a theme for the week, it would probably be quick and easy. We have been running in multiple directions all week, so I have been turning to some of my favorite quick dishes. This one is no exception, and quite frankly one of my absolute favorite dishes, ever. It reminds me so much of my childhood in the summertime, though significantly healthier. I hope you enjoy!

Simple Summer Squash
3 Small Yellow Squash
1 C Almond Flour
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 eggs

1/2 C Avocado Oil
1/2 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Mix the almond flour, onion powder, salt and pepper together. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs to scramble.
 Slice squash into 1/4 inch thick slices.
 Place both oils in a heavy bottom pan and begin heating.  Dip each piece of squash into the egg, and then dredge in the almond flour mixture.
 Place slices into heated oil for 3-4 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
Salt straight out of the oil and allow to drain on a paper towel and enjoy!

*The avocado has a higher smoking point, but is very expensive. By combining it with the olive oil it stretches it, while still maintaining a high smoking point.
As you can see, it was a hit with my little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment